The Discovery Montessori School Inc. in Mississauga is looking for a Casa teacher who is certified with Montessori certification. (MACTE approved).
· Must be available between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:00 pm - Monday to Friday.
· Must be fluent in verbal and written English
· Knowledge of French will be an asset.
· Candidate must provide a recent VSC clearance certificate.
· Must have an updated immunization record, as well as TB test.
· CPR training and First Aid Certification Leve l C is required.
· Must be a team player who is well organized and is willing to respect and work with other staff members, parents and children.
· Care for room and equipment. Report items needing repair or replacement and submit requests for additional equipment.
· Be available for parent teacher meetings/conferences as needed or requested.
· Meet licensing ( CCEYA and CCMA) program compliance and other standards.
· Keep individual records for each child as specified.
· Maintains knowledge, skills and abilities through on-going education and attends professional development courses and workshops;
· Participate in outdoor activities with children for at least 2 hours per day;
· Arrive in your classroom on time, as scheduled, and remain with the assigned group until the scheduled shift is over.
· Plan with and clarify expectations for any aide or volunteer who may be assigned to the group.
· Have a very positive and professional attitude and be able to work and contribute to our school and community.
· Inform the Supervisor immediately in cases of unreasonable behavior, parent complaints, suspected child abuse, or other problems which should be handled by the Supervisor in the best interest of the center.
Experience: One-year or more experience of working with Casa children will be desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: Negotiable.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: No international or out of province applications will be considered.
Please apply with updated resume to email@example.com.