Dear Prospective Parents,
Thank you for your interest in applying for your child’s admission to The Discovery Montessori School. We hope that the admissions process will be informative in helping you learn more about our school.
Our admissions staff will be pleased to assist you with admission procedures, or answer your questions about The Discovery Montessori.
We can arrange a campus tour, organize visits to our classrooms, or schedule meetings with staff and faculty. We can also provide prospective applicants with a complete information package and fee schedule, and guide you through the application process.
We realize that this is an important decision for your family and we are delighted to be part of it.
We look forward to meeting you and your child!
Please call for an appointment at 905 824 9246 to observe the children in an ideal learning environment.
The best way to understand a Montessori environment is to see it in action.
1. FILL OUT AN INQUIRY FORM.
Complete our short inquiry form, at the bottom of the CONTACT US page of our website. Please provide us with your child's age, expected admission date and the choice of the full day or half day program and submit . You will receive a reply from the school informing you of the date and time of your visit to the school.
Please note that the Region of Peel provides fee subsidy to eligible families.
2. COME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW & FAMILY VISIT.
Parents will be invited by the Admissions Office to visit the school. Your visit and interview will be scheduled only after the school has received the inquiry form.
All prospective students must also accompany the parents during the school visit.
During this visit the parents will have an opportunity to observe the school premises and the class rooms.
The school Directress or the school staff will explain the school teaching methodology to the parents and answer all related questions.
3. SUBMIT THE COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKAGE
Should the parents decide to enrol their child at the Discovery Montessori, they will be provided with a package including the school Program Statement, a parent's handbook and other related registration forms.
The student's registration package can also be downloaded by clicking on the links at the bottom of this page.
The registration package includes:
1. Enrolment form (Click on the link below on the page to download)
2. Medical Profile (Click on the link below on the page to download)
3. Emergency Information form (Click on the link below on the page to download)
4. Parents Handbook
Parents will fill in, sign, and return these completed forms to the school office along with following:
1. A $ 150.00 non-refundable registration fee cheque dated for the day of enrolment.
2. A one month fee deposit cheque , non-refundable, dated for the day of enrolment which will be applied towards the last month of the school year.
3. Balance monthly post-dated 9 cheques for the remainder of the year dated for the first day of each month in favour of " The Discovery Montessori Inc."
A space can only be reserved for the child when the school receives the completed and signed registration forms, a non-refundable $ 150.00 registration fee, a one month fee cheque dated for the day of enrolment and the balance post-dated monthly fee cheques. Please make sure this step is completed well ahead of your child's first day at school.
It's that simple !!